Assessment is one of the critical steps to help students start on a successful pathway in college. It is important that students take the classes for which they are academically prepared. Placement tests are designed to help determine the appropriate levels of courses that students need to take in mathematics, English, or English as a Second Language (ESL).
Students may fulfill the Assessment requirements in a subject area (Mathematics, English, or ESL) through one or more of the following:
- Completing an equivalent course at a post-secondary accredited institution in that subject area (the course will determine placement).
- Earning a qualifying AP score or IB exam score in the subject area (students should contact Office of Admissions and Records for details).
- Taking the SRJC placement tests within three (3) years prior to initial registration.
- Taking valid, approved placement tests at other two-year California community colleges within three (3) years prior to initial registration.
- Having valid Early Assessment Program (EAP) results that satisfy placement conditions determined by the District: EAP Information for Students | Conditional EAP Review Form
Student Success & Assessment Services Locations
SANTA ROSA CAMPUS
1501 Mendocino Avenue
Plover Hall, Room 531
Santa Rosa CA 95401
Telephone (707) 527-4661
680 Sonoma Mountain Parkway
Jacobs Hall, Room PC 127
Petaluma CA 94954
Telephone (707) 778-3908
SOUTHWEST CENTER CAMPUS
950 S. Wright Road
Santa Rosa CA 95407
Telephone (707) 527-4229