The Guided Self-Placement (GSP) is an activity that provides an opportunity to choose the course(s) most suitable for you since you are in the best position to evaluate your abilities and circumstances.
Before you begin...
The guided self-placement activity is for students who:
- are dual-enrolled in 9-11th grade in need of English placement, or
- graduated high school over (10) years ago, or
- attended high school internationally, or
- did not/will not complete high school
Did you graduate from a US high school within the last ten years? If so, you can use your high school records for placement into an English and math course instead.
To help inform your decision making, a Guided Self-Placement will provide you:
- a review of course options/applicable areas of study
- a preview of course content
- an opportunity to practice/study course content
- information about academic and support services available to you
- an opportunity for self-reflection (content knowledge and life factors)
- the opportunity to choose the course best suited for you
In the English Guided Self-Placement, you will work through five steps that will assist you in deciding which English courses are right for you.
Upon completing this activity, you will be allowed to enroll in English 1A, English 1A paired with English 50 support course, or ESL 10. Please allow four hours for your student records to update with your English placement.
In the Math Guided Self-Placement, you will work through five steps that will assist you in deciding which math courses are right for you.
Upon completing this activity, you will be allowed to enroll in Math 9, 10, 15, 16, 25, or 27. Please allow four hours for your student records to update with your math placement.
Our staff is here to support you with your placement questions and ensure you have a smooth process in registering for courses here at SRJC!
Connect with us Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Santa Rosa Campus: 707.527.4661
Petaluma Campus: 707.778.3908