Credit ESL vs Non-Credit Classes at SRJC
SRJC offers both credit and non-credit English as a Second Language (ESL) programs to fit each student's goals. Take a few moments to learn which option is right for you by reviewing the differences between credit and non-credit ESL classes.
Credit ESL Classes:
- cost $46 per unit (Need help paying for tuition, books, and other educational expenses? Apply for financial aid.)
- prepare you for career certificates, an AA/AS degree, or to transfer to a four-year college
- improve your writing, reading, grammar, vocabulary, listening & speaking English skills
- offer low-intermediate through college reading and writing levels
Non-Credit ESL Classes:
- are free (you may need to purchase a textbook)
- improve your English so that you can advance in your career, help your children in school, prepare for the GED or HiSET exam, and much more!
- help you build basic English reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills
- offer beginning to intermediate levels