How is my placement calculated?

For students who graduated from a US high school within 10 years, your high school information will be used to place you into a transfer level course. SRJC will be using the following information when placing students into courses in math and English.

  • High School Coursework
  • High School GPA

English Placement Calculations    Math Placement Calculations

If you graduated from a US high school more than 10 years ago, you will be eligible for a Guided Self-Placement instead of using high school records.

Do you have old placement results?

SRJC will continue to honor your previously established test scores if they provide you a higher placement than other methods.

Math & English Test Cut Scores

student testing